Website Design For Municipalities & Local Governments
Delivering The Site Your Local Government Always Needed
Municipal Website Design Experts At Your Service
Need an affordable and great looking website for your municipality or local government? Web design and development services from MarketingModo are a cost-effective way to get a fantastic looking, cost effective, optimized, secure and future-proof website on an easy to use CMS. We cater to municipalities of all sizes from small townships and boroughs to cities and county governments. We especially like working with smaller muicipalities! Don’t let vendors take advantage of you by charging you $10,000 for a $1,000 website. We will make your vision for your site work within your budget. Did we mentioned that we also offer maintenance packages so you can leave the website updates to us and focus on growing your business. Regardless if you are looking to create the first website your town will have or a redesign of an existing one, MarketingModo is your partner in local government website design.
- Optimized for Google & Mobile
- Built with Latest Security Software
Want To Learn More? Contact Us Today!
Our Municipal Web Design and Development Services:
Your Website Is Your Municipality’s Introduction To The World. What Is Yours Saying?
Tired of your town or municipality being represented by a Facebook page or by a cookie-cutter free website template? Perhaps you already have a website but feel the design is outdated? Maybe you don’t have a website or digital presence at all. Don’t worry,we love to fix those kinds of problems.
Anybody can set up a website (unfortunately, many do)—but at MarketingModo our web designers build strategic, engaging local government websites that instantly reinforce credibility, communicate to your residents and businesses, and places your municipality on the digital roadmap. In today’s technology-centered world, your website is very often the first impression people have of your town, and therefore must capture the user’s attention instantly. Using the latest technology, the web design experts at MarketingModo design cutting-edge websites that are efficient, innovative and cost-effective for your town, city or borough.
Your website will be designed according to your administrative vision and goals, and will help to create strong credability for your municipality which can lead to more people moving to your municipality and attending your events and more business coming into the area – all of which means more revenue in your coffers. Throughout the web design process, the objective is to create a lasting impression that will maximize your impact on the online world. MarketingModo has created websites for municipalities of all sizes and all budgets. Our services are customizable according to your needs and budget.
How We Work. Our Web Design Process
The web design team at MarketingModo follows a 7 step process to turn your vision for your website into reality:
- First you will be assigned a dedicated Project manager to oversee the entire project. They will kick off your design project with a discovery meeting where will will get to know you, your budget, your business, its goals and objectives as well as some of the design elements you would like to see in your new website. We will also be looking at some of your competitor’s websites as well as websites you have indicated that you liked. With that information we will develop a proposal for you to approve.
- During Phase 2, the Modo team will begin planning the overall site architecture. We will take your existing site and/or your vision for your site and turn it into “blueprints” for our design and development team. We will make sure your site is UX friendly.
- In Phase 3 we turn our design team lose. They will create a number of mockups and concepts that we will share with you. After a round or two of edits and once you sign off on the design, we will turn the project over to the development team.
- Phase 4 involves the MarketingModo development team going through the design to see if there will be any code customization for either the design or the plugins involved. Once the figure out what needs to be customized they turn to Phase 5 which is coding.
- Phase 5 is really creating the guts of your website. This is the HTML and CSS that gives your site the look and functionality that you want. We believe in having as clean code on the backend since too much coding or “code bloat” will hurt the speed of your website. This is where most of the time on the project is spent.
- Once the coding has been completed it is time to do quality control on the new site before it is released to the public. Once we are confident that everything looks and works the way it is suppose to we will launch the site for all the world to see.
- The final phase of our web design process is optional, though highly recommended. Once the site is launched we see how your clients/customers interact with the site we can go in and make changes to improve the conversion rates on the site.
Think we are done yet? Not quite. We won’t just leave you with a brand new site that you don’t know how to use. At your request we can walk you through the basic functions that you will need to know in order to be able to update content, create new pages and posts as well as ensure your site remains secure. MarketingModo also offers a range of maintenance plans where we will handle the day-to-day aspects of website maintenance such as update and creating new content as well as keeping plugins and integrations updated.
Why Does Your Municpality Needs A Website?
Today it is expected that all organizations from businesses and nonprofits to professionals and yes, even towns and cities have a website. More and more municipalities are quickly realizing that they need to be online and a simple Faceboo page will no longer suffice. Your residents want online forms so they don’t have to drive down to city hall; they want easily available contact information; they want to know about the events occuring in your municipality and much more. Businesses want to know you exist. Businesses are increasingly picking up and relocating to towns and cities where operations are inexpensive. They also want their names out there so residents can shop locally. Your municipal staff want to avoid endless phone calls from people asking questions that can be easily answered online. There are many reasons why you need a website today for your town or city.
Not having a site can seriously hurt the credability of your town or borough. If a business looking to relocate to your area can’t even find a site to learn about the benefits of your municipality, you have just gotten knocked to the bottom of the list. Having a good website shows your municipality is forward thinking and on top of the latest technological trends but don’t think that any website will do. A bad website that looks 30 years out of date is worse than having no website at all.
Why Do You Need A Web Design Service?
Whether you are developing a new website from scratch or redesigning an existing site, there are many things that you need to consider when developing a website for your business or organization. including the following:
- Is your code working properly – many websites will render incorrectly or throw site errors if a single character is missing from your code on the backend. Then there is the issue of code bloat – using too much and useless code which slows down your site.
- Is your website is responsive – Google is following a”mobile first” philosophy today so if your site is not mobile-responsive or is hard to read or is missing crucial UI elements on a smartphone screen, Google won’t view your site very favorably.
- Is your website is user-friendly – User experience (UX) is the most important thing for any website. The user needs to navigate the site’s pages easily and find what they need quickly – usually within three clicks which is a best practice. The proper site structure is key to a great UX design. You know all about UX right?
- Does your website looks professional – No one will take your business or organization seriously if your website looks like it was stitched together in a minute on some random template you downloaded for free or worse, if you just have a Facebook page representing your business. You want your site to look professional and reflect your business.
- Is your website is optimized – Web designers specialize in just web design and development, most do not have expertise in SEO so while you way end up with a great looking site, it won’t be optimized at all so you’ll get little if any traffic to it.
- Is your website secure – In today’s digital world, hackers and the malicious code they create abound. Every second, hundreds if not thousands of sites are being hacked because of poor security practices and a lack of a security solution for the website. Is your site secure?
- Which CMS is best – You have dozens of content management systems to chose from for your site. You will need to research the top solutions to see which offers the most integrations, best price point, easiest to use and which you can use for the foreseeable future.
Lets face it. You are municipal administarors – not web engineers or designers. The MarketingModo Web Design and Development team will work with you to deliver a final product that you will be proud to share with your local businesses and residents. We make sure your site looks great on any screen, will give your visitors the best user experience possible, is secure from hackers and a site that will climb the ranks of the search engines and we will do it in as cost effective manner as possible!
Why Hire a Web Design Company to Do Your Site’s Design or Redesign?
Most municpal administrators do not have the time to dedicate towards designing and developing a website meeting all these parameters. This leaves you with a few choices:
- You can not have a website or leave your website as is
- Turn to one of the “standard-bearers” in the municipal website design world
- Turn to a local vendor
- Turn to a state agency that offers municipal websites.
Deciding not to create a site or to leave the one you have up is not a great choice. As mentioned earlier, your website is your town’s first impression to the world. Are you willing to lose the possible finacial and operation advantages of having a website ?
You can of course turn to one of the so-called “standard bearers” in the municipal and local government web design world. Most of these websites will cost you over $15,000 for a relatively simple site that will tie to you that vendor for the foreseeable future. The price points are simply out of range for many small towns, cities and boroughs. Why pay $15,000 for a $4,000 website? At MarketingModo we work with you on your budget.
Municipalities always at some point turn to a local vendor or freelancer to develop a site for them. Most of these vendors have never developed a municipal website before and the result can be a heavily code site that is slow, doesn’t work as well as it should and still maintains and outdated look and feel. We are usually the ones called in to clean up after such local disasters. At MarketingModo we have worked with dozens of munipalities and are on top of the latest developments and designs to ensure your site is state of the art.
A number of stats offer website design to their constituent municipalities. We have rarely seen municiplaities happy with the work they provide. Going with a state agency often means that you are tied to a certain system, to a certain design and are allocated only a few hours per year for updates. With MarketingModo, you have full control of your site and we are happy to make any and all edits you have as often as you have them.
For these reasons, you need the MarketingModo web design and development team.
Frequently Asked Questions
MarketingModo is a premier WordPress website design and development company so we primarily like to use WordPress as our content management system of choice. We feel that WordPress offers a number of benefits that future-proofs a business’ website such as having the most integrations with third party solutions, application to B2B and B2C businesses with WooCommerce and its easy to update and customize. WordPress grows with your organization so you never have to migrate to another CMS. Now with that being said, we do work with other CMSs as well including Drupal, Joomla and Magento.
Our web design prices are variable and depend a great deal on the functionality you are looking to achieve with the new design, the number of pages on the site as well as your budgetary confines. We are proud to being able to work on smaller budgets than most agencies do and we will work with you on a solution regardless of the size of the budget you have.
We have created websites for municipalities ranging from small towns with populations under 1,000 to large regional hubs with populations in the hundreds of thousands if not millions. We work with towns, cities, boroughs and even county governments to place your local government on the digital roadmap.
You certainly can and while some freelancers are great web designers we have found that most only do web design and are not experienced in cybersecurity, SEO and UX/UI. They may give you a nice looking website at a great price but often it won’t be optimized (or is optimized using outdated methods), lack the security a modern website needs and lacks any UX best practices. With MarketingModo you will get a great looking website at a great price but one that is all 100% secure with the latest cybersecurity software, optimized for search and takes the latest in UX studies into account.